My youngest grandson just turned 1. It's hard to believe he's that old already but he is. I made a card for his birthday. I had planned to use the retired Foxy Friends and the punch because his room is done in foxes (and so was his birthday cake) but I found dinosaur wrapping paper and decided to use the Dino Days suite instead.
This card was really easy to make using the Dino Roar stamp set and the matching dies. The dies cut out the dinosaurs on the Dinoroar Designer Series Paper so it was even easier! I hardly stamped at all!
All the cuts:
- Pineapple Punch Cardstock - 8-1/2" x 5-1/2" scored at 4-1/4"
- Whisper White CS - 2 pieces of 5-1/4" x 4"
- Dinoroar DSP - 2-3/4" x 4-1/8" plus cut around the dinosaur figures so they will fit in your cutting machine to die cut with the dies
- Pool Party - scraps to cut out the egg
- Real Red Glimmer Paper (coming in the Holiday Catalog) scrap
- Using your die cut machine, cut out the dinosaurs you want for the card from your DSP. Cut out the eggs from Pool Party CS. Cut out the number 1, using the retired Large Numbers dies. Cut out the frame from one Whisper White piece using the 3rd and 5th from the largest Stitched Rectangle Dies (place them how you want the frame to look and cut out). For the inside, use the second from the largest rectangle die.
- Stamp the sentiment to the frame using Lovely Lipstick ink. I masked off the "hatched" from the stamp using a post-it and then stamped.
- Adhere the frame to the larger piece of DSP and then attach to the card front.
- Attach the dinosaurs and eggs to the front using your favorite adhesive and dimensionals.
- Stamp your sentiment on the inside white piece and attach a dinosaur with adhesive. Adhere to the inside of the card.
Don't forget to stamp your envelope or use some of your designer series paper (DSP) to put on the flap to "pretty up" your envelope!
Here are some photos from the party:
As you can see, Eli really enjoyed his smash cake!