Making sympathy cards can be so difficult, especially if you are trying to make them while emotional about the reason behind the card. Make sympathy cards ahead of time and keep them until needed and it will be easier. I used up all my stash so needed to make this one. I love how it turned out and the recipient was very appreciative of it. This card uses mostly new products and features a fun-fold.
- Stamp Sets – Forever Fern (152559); Peaceful Moments (151595); Inspiring Iris (149268)
- Card Stock – Pear Pizzazz (131201); Pretty Peacock (150880); Whisper White (100730)
- Stamp Pads – Pretty Peacock (150083)
- Misc. – Forever Greenery (DSP) (152492); Greenery Embossing Folders (152716); Tasteful Labels Dies (152886); Ornate Layers Dies (152726); Dimensionals (104430)
- Pear Pizzazz: 8 1/2” x 5 1/2”
- Pretty Peacock: 3 ¼” x 4 ¼” scrap for sentiment backing
- Whisper White: 5 1/2” x 2 1/2” scrap (sentiment)
- DSP: 3” x 4”
- Score the Pear Pizzazz card base at 4 ¼”. Cut off 1 ¼” off the front.
- Emboss the smaller front using the Forever Greenery embossing folder.
- Stamp the front sentiment on Whisper White using Pretty Peacock ink. Die cut using the Tasteful Labels die
- Die cut the Pretty Peacock backing for the front sentiment and layer onto back of sentiment piece
- Die cut the larger whisper white piece using the Ornate Layers (see photo of inside of card)
- Cut the DSP and layer onto the Pretty Peacock piece. Add to the front of the card by using adhesive on only half the piece since it will hang over the card front.
- Adhere the sentiment piece to the front.
- Stamp the sentiment onto the larger Whisper White die cut piece for the inside of the card. Stamp floral piece at bottom. Attach to inside of the card so it doesn’t show.
All of the products used are in the new catalog coming tomorrow.