For our May swap, the theme was babies or anniversaries. I love this Moon Baby stamp set and decided to use this set again but in a different way.
I started with a base of Daffodil Delight card stock. Because I was creating a pocket to hold a gift card, I used 12 x 12 cardstock and cut it 5.5 x 9.25. I could have used regular 8.5 x 11 card stock but felt it would have taken too many sheets (I needed to make 12 cards) and I could get 2 cards out of one sheet of 12 x 12. I then scored the card stock at 2" and at 6.25 on the long side. The top card front pieces are made from watercolor paper. One piece was cut 1.75 x 5.25. The other piece was cut to 5.25 x 3.75.
To make the scalloped border, I used the scallop die from the Seasonal Layers Thinlits (143751). It's a little tricky to get both layers cut the same. What I found worked best was to put both pieces of cardstock together and run them both through the Big Shot. It will only cut through the front piece, so I would pull that piece away and then cut through the daffodil delight card stock.
While at the Big Shot, I cut out the cloud for the sentiment using the cloud die from the Umbrella Weather framelits.
Next I turned to stamping. I stamped the "lovies" twice on the small piece of watercolor paper, using Basic Black archival ink. It takes a little longer to dry so set aside (or use your heat tool to dry). I then stamped the floating baby and two sets of stars on the watercolor paper on the top.
To color, I used the ink from the insides of the stamp pad lids (or you can use watercolor pencils) and an empty aqua painter as a paintbrush along with a small amount of water to color the images. For the baby's sleeper, I used the new Lemon-Lime Twist; Dapper Denim for the sky, and umbrella; Daffodil Delight for the stars and the baby's hair; Smoky Slate for the lamb and bunny; Crumb Cake and Chocolate Chip for the bears; Powder Pink for the baby's face and cheeks and for the animals' cheeks and ears.
The sentiment was stamped on the cloud in Basic Black Archival ink and then the edges were colored with Dapper Denim ink. It was adhered to the card front with dimensionals.
Using Fast Fuse attach the watercolor piece to the top of the card allowing the daffodil scallops to show.
For the inside I took a piece of Whisper White cut to 5.25 x 4 and stamped the inside sentiment on it and added the same stars that are on the card front.
To put the card together, I used some fast fuse just along the edges of both sides of the pocket and folded it up.
I then wrapped some of the new double stitched ribbon around the top of the small piece of watercolored piece for the bottom of the pocket and then adhered to the pocket.