For my July tutorial, I decided to use the Prized Peony stamp set and Peony Garden DSP. I absolutely love peonies and I was so excited to see this suite in the catalog. There are dies to match (get that bundle or the entire suite to save!) but I didn't use them this time. I was using a One Sheet Wonder template to make this card. I will show you other cards made using this template in a later blog post.
I really love that gray and white DSP and just coloring in a bit of it to make it stand out. And I really, really love the crinkle seam binding ribbon--you can color it any color with your Blends to match any project! It's quick and easy to do!
Here are all the directions:
- Stamp Sets Prized Peony (152504 ); Here’s A Card (149438)
- Card Stock – Gray Granite (146983); Petal Pink (146985); Whisper White (100730)
- Stamp Pads – Gray Granite (147118)
Misc. – Peony Garden (DSP) (152483); Ornate Frames Dies (150664); Stitched Rectangles Dies (151820); (Crinkled Seam Binding Ribbon (151326); Petal Pink Blends (154893); Old Olive Blends (154892); Pearl Basic Jewels (144219); Dimensionals (104430); Stampin’ Seal+ (149699)
- Gray Granite: 8 1/2” x 5 1/2”
- Petal Pink: 3 ½” x 5” scrap for sentiment backing
- Whisper White: 4”x 5 ¼” scrap (sentiment)
- DSP: 3 ¼” x 4 3/4”
- Score the Gray Granite card base at 4 ¼”.
- Choose a flower that you like on the DSP and color it with the Petal Pink Blends. (You can color it all or just the dark portions.) Color the leaves with Old Olive Blends. It will bleed through but that’s okay since it will be layered over the Petal Pink piece. Attach to the Petal Pink piece with Seal+ or the adhesive of your choice.
- Take a piece of the ribbon and color it Petal Pink with your Blends. It needs to be long enough to wrap around the card front and make a bow.
- Attach the card front to the Gray Granite base.
- Stamp the sentiment on the scrap of Whisper White and die cut and attach to the Petal Pink die cut frame
- Choose where it will look best on your card front and adhere with dimensionals.
- Put a line of pearls at the bottom.
- For the inside die cut the larger white piece with the Stitched Rectangle die. Stamp the smaller peony at the bottom and color with your Blends. Stamp the sentiment from Here’s a Card.
I wish the colors showed up better! (It looks so much better in person). You can also stamp that smaller peony on your envelope or use some of the DSP to cover the flap. Don't you just love to get pretty envelopes in the mail? Happy mail--not bills!
Don't forget that the Bonus Days promotion ends August 3. For every $50 you order, you'll get a $5 coupon via email from Stampin' Up! to spend August 4-31 (and the new holiday catalog comes out August 4!)
Do you need a new catalog? Just click on the "request catalog" above or use this link: http://bit.ly/requestCatalog and I'll be happy to mail you one!
FYI: Demonstrators will be able to preorder the new Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine (full size) on August 4. Why not join Stampin' Up! and you could add that to your kit?