I am so happy to share this card with you--one of the first cards since I fell and had my shoulder surgery in September. It still hurts to type so my posts have been few and far between since the 22nd of September.
This card features the Botanical Prints Medley found on page 61 in the new Mini catalog coming January 3.
This Medley makes it so easy to make your cards! It includes the stamp set, matching dies, 48 sheets of 6 x 6 Designer paper, 4 sheets of die-cut accents, 4 sheets of laser-cut overlays, Old Olive twill ribbon, and 12 copper bee embellishments. The cost is just $70 for all of these (and if you purchase before March 31 will qualify for a FREE Sale-a-Bration item!)
All the Cuts:
- Crushed Curry: 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" scored at 4 14" and 2 1/8"
- Basic Black: 5 1/4" x 1 7/8" (Cut 2)
- Whisper White: 5 1/4" x 4"
- DSP: 5 1/8" x 1 3/4" (cut 2) and 5 1/8" x 2 1/8"
If you have any other questions about how I put this card together, please ask!
I would like to wish you all a very Merry Christmas!
Stampin' Up! has announced that they will have a Flash Deal tomorrow December 11. This deal is FREE SHIPPING! This could be huge, depending on the size of your order. To qualify, you must order a minimum of $50 before tax.
This deal starts at 12:05 am MT on December 11 and ends at 11:50 pm MT on the same day.
I have a new Host Code. Please use if your order is below $150 to receive a gift from me.
Tomorrow, December 10, will be the last day to subscribe or order Paper Pumpkin and get the December kit. Stampin' Up! has told us it will be 12 full-sized cards and feature a stamp set of 13 sentiments.
If you subscribe to the month-to-month kit, shipping is included. You can suspend or cancel at any time after the 16th of the month or you can add more kits to your order. You can also purchase a single kit (but you will have to pay shipping on it). If you purchase one, Stampin' Up! will email you an activation code and you will need to set up an account at http://paperpumpkin.com and enter your activation code. Just make sure you do so no later than 11:50 pm MT on the 10th.
If you follow my blog, you've probably been wondering where in the heck I've been. It's been an adventure and I'm still following it!
At the end of September, I fell at Sam's Club and shattered my right shoulder and arm. My arm was broken in over 50 places. Of course, I am right-handed. My arm was in a brace for 7 weeks and I was unable to do much of anything. I had to wear that brace 24/7 except to shower. It's a good thing my hubby retired the end of May because he has been a life-saver! He has had to do almost everything for me and our household. So no crafting or stamping for me.
Fortunately, I am now out of my brace and starting Physical Therapy. My doctor wants to keep my PT fairly easy since I am still healing. I have regained some mobility but still have a long way to go (probably another 12 weeks of PT).
Hopefully, I'll have some crafts to share with you in the upcoming weeks.
If you need a new mini catalog and Sale-a-Bration brochure, please fill out the request the catalog form.
There are new items added to the clearance rack! These will go quickly so don't delay in making your purchase!
Shop at http://bit.ly/shopClearanceRack
There is also new grid paper just for the holidays! Protect your workspace with this 13 x 13 paper! Item #153984, $9.00
New Host Code for orders below $150
The card I made for my Tutorial Co-op uses the Boo To You stamp set and Monster Mash Designer Series Paper. Our theme for this past month was Halloween-Holiday Catalog.
This was a fun card to make. It is a fun fold and I'm not sure what to call it--maybe you know?
Here is the inside:
Here are all the details:
Smoky Slate CS: 8 1/4" x 4 14", scored at 5 1/2"; 3" x 7 1/2", scored at 3 1/2"; scrap for the frame diecut
Basic Black CS: 2 3/4" x 3 1/4"; 2 5/8" x 4 1/8"
Whisper White: 2 5/8" x 4"
Monster Mash DSP: 2 1/2" x 4 1/8" plus a small piece with the figures (you can choose whichever one you like)
- Orienting your large piece of smoky slate cardstock, fold the scored piece with the smaller piece going up
- Attach the DSP piece to the black cardstock that fits on the front lower flap and then attach to that flap
- Attach the smaller smoky slate piece inside the flap on the 5 1/2' x 4 1/4" back piece so that the bottom touches at the bottom fold and the smaller part folds over the front flap
- Attach the black 3 1/4" piece of cardstock to the front of that overhanging flap
- Diecut the ornate frame in smoky slate
- Fussy cut a skeleton (or figure of your choice) out of the Monster Mash DSP and attach to the ornate frame with dimensionals. Attach googly eyes. Attach to card front with snail, or the adhesive of your choice.
- Using your favorite adhesive, attach the ribbon to the card
- Using the Whisper White piece, diecut using a stitched rectangle. Stamp the sentiment on that piece with Memento Tuxedo Black (or any black ink). Attach to the inside of the card
I love making fun-fold cards! Most of the time, they are fairly simple to make but make a huge impression on the recipient of the card!
Reminder of the Buy3, Get 1 Free DSP Sale, ending September 30: